Today’s dinner: beef roast (slow cooked in crock pot), steamed broccoli, mashed cauliflower “potatoes” and fresh tomatoes. The cauliflower is a nice low carb replacement for starchy potatoes. The recipe:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- Add cauliflower to a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is the consistency of mashed potatoes (this may need to be done in batches). Do not add water.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe dish. Cook on high power for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add butter and cream and mix with the cooked cauliflower.
- Serve with extra butter or gravy.