Flash for Android mobile devices is being discontinued, beginning with Android 4.1 — new installations of Flash to be disabled on August 15. Maybe this will hasten adoption of HTML5.
Adobe’s statement to developers:
HTML5 is now universally supported on major mobile devices, in some cases exclusively [...] that makes HTML5 the best solution for creating and deploying content in the browser across mobile platforms.
Steve Jobs was right.
Posted: August 14th, 2012
Filed under: Handheld, Mobile, Software Tags: adobe, flash | No Comments »
PayPal is rolling out a mobile payment option—PayPal Here—apparently to compete with Square’s mobile card reader.
- Will work with iOS and Android
- 2.7% transaction fee (Square charges 2.75%)
- Accepts VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, checks, invoices and PayPal accounts
- Funds are immediately available in your PayPal account
- Free card reader and mobile app (like Square)
Posted: March 16th, 2012
Filed under: Finance, Free (or low-cost), Handheld, Hardware, Innovation, Mobile, Software Tags: android, iOS | No Comments »